1. Eat less meat. You'll make a huge difference. Meat may taste good, but animal farming is highly resource-intensive, not to mention the pollution aspect. Even if you really love meat, you can make a difference by skipping one or two portions a week. Eat more fish or vegetarian options instead.
2. Buy environmentally certified food as often as you can afford.
3. Defrost frozen food in the fridge.
4. Try to use up all your food and buy good food storage containers. Vast amounts of food get thrown away unnecessarily every week.
5. Put a lid on the saucepan when you heat water.
6. Only use the dishwasher and washing machine when they're full.
7. Don't buy bottled water. Treat yourself to a new water flask and fill it with tap water.