Playing isn't just fun - it's vital for your child. In fact, playing freely is better than anything else they could be doing.
Here are some of the benefits of play:
• Playing lets your child take charge and be a leader. They finally get to make the decisions.
• Playing teaches children about context, cause and effect. They get to explore and discover a whole bunch of things such as how things work, relationships, values, customs and ethics.
• Playing builds confidence.
• Playing develops social skills.
• Playing helps children express and understand their feelings such as joy, anger and fear, and discover how their feelings affect others.
• Playing helps language development.
• Playing stimulates creativity and imagination.
• Playing helps develop basic and advanced motor skills.
The importance of playing freely can’t be stressed enough. It’s the most important job in the world – and the most enjoyable one.