Here are some tips for creative toddlers who are totally into art and crafts.
• Make prints with paint – use cut potatoes, corks, sponges, lids and anything else you can think of.
• Make a collage – set up the dining table with loads of glue, paint, paper, felt pens and cheap and interesting collage bits from the $2 shop.
• Decorate large sheets of paper with painted stripes, dots or other shapes to build up a store of cheap wrapping paper.
• Make play dough: 1 Tbsp oil; 1 cup flour; 2 tsp cream of tartar; 1 cup water; ½ cup salt; food colouring. Mix together in a pot and cook over a low heat until it sticks together. Knead on a floured board.
• Cover a balloon or a plate in papier-mâché, leave it to dry and paint the next day.
• Make jewellery out of tinfoil. It’s easy to mould and twist into shapes.
• Make puppets out of old socks.
Add your suggestions here.